To give vigor to; fill with life and energy; energize
Welcome to Invigorate Acupuncture! At Invigorate Acupuncture in Tucson, Arizona you’ll enjoy relaxing treatments to recapture optimal health. While Chinese Medicine can offer help with many conditions, I specialize in migraine headaches, orthopedic acupuncture (back, neck and joint pain), and women’s health. We do accept insurance and are in-network with many companies (United Healthcare, TriWest and Aetna).
Acupuncture is well known for treating pain, but it has been used for thousands of years as a complete medical system, treating physical, mental and emotional issues for all ages. Acupuncture works to restore balance by communicating to the brain through the central nervous system. Small needles are gently placed at certain points throughout the body that alert imbalances so the brain can send fresh blood to these areas and begin to heal itself. If you are suffering from a short-term problem, or chronic health problem, acupuncture can not only make you feel better, but it can help prevent future illnesses. Acupuncture is one form of treatment used within the system of healing known as Chinese Medicine.
Other forms of treatment can include:
- Chinese Herbal Medicine: Combinations of herbs in formulas that can be tailored to treat individual symptoms
- Herbal Foot Soaks: increase circulation and reduce inflammation
- Nutritional counseling from a Chinese Medical Perspective
- Cupping- suction on the skin to relieve muscle tension
- Guasha- literally translated as “scraping” this technique involves a rubbing motion on the skin which can break up connective tissue adhesions
- Moxabustion: A technique that involves burning the herb Mugwort to promote healing and circulation
- Electrical Stimulation- a technique that sends current through needles to reduce inflammation
6053 E. Grant Road